Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 1 of My Mini break with Jeny - ComiCon style!

Well, we're here safe and sound in Seattle. Used the valet to park our car (get a discount because we're part of the ComicCon crowd) and checked in slick as snot. Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory because Jeny was jonsing for some eggplant sandwich. I mentally flirted with the guys in the booth behind Jeny. (Jeny said they had to be checking my out, but let's be serious...) When we got back, everything was fine. We got dressed to work out (only because Jeny insisted) and left the room with our iPods and my room key.


That's when the weirdage started... Couldn't get into the fitness room. When Jeny called the front desk, they said my card had been demagnetized. how??? Is it allergic to my iPod? We went in and worked out for a bit... I'm severely out of shape and Jeny discovered better equipment does make a difference. Then we came back to the room... I tried to do the rub on the shirt thing because that's what they say to do at stores and nothing.

Jeny went downstairs to get a new key but they wouldn't give it to her because we didn't have picture ID. So the security guy comes up and, although they'd told Jeny he'd come with a new key, he just let us in, looked at my license and said I could get a new key the next time I was downstairs. Really? And what the heck is up with the key not working in the 2 minutes it took us to go from the 8th floor to the 35th??? (Yes, Jeny made it safely even though her claustrophobia was a bit of an issue for a moment.)

Then I go to plug in my computer and pull out the desk chair and it's disgusting. I don't want to think about what these stains could possibly be. Pictures will be coming.

No comments: